Saturday, January 10, 2009

Waiting for Pinochet Queen or Whatever

Greg - or pinto quesadilla or whatever - reminded me that we have not posted here since the late paleolithic era or at least since 2008, and precisely since January 1 of said year. This is unfortunate. Too many things to say have not been said except in that place where no one can hold you to what you've said, that cavernous space, that void between you and it, whatever it is. But here, here one can speak, and freely, too, but with a trail left for posterity, where future employers can find you and find out about you, like my current Board members who read that I was a fat kid from Ocean Grove. And I was. Maybe I still am, but only if you believe in the BMI, which I am not going to tell you I believe in since I have some muscle mass that skews said results, although 5'9". 210 is still a little big especially when you're not working out. And I'm not.

This would all be more interesting if I had something to say, and if I weren't just blog-rambling, and if i were more interesting and intelligent and able to coin a word, a phrase, a combination of blog-rambling, like, say blogging - no, that's taken - say, blogbling or blambling or well, you get it, right? Or maybe not, which would be okay, too. At least this is better than an Amy Winehouse YouTube selection or anything Greg - or pinochet queen or pincher quota or whatever - has ever written in this space. But that was a long time ago. Which means he may have been exercising his writing muscles unless he'd exorcised them.

The reason I didn't write in this space is that 2008 was a busy year. I got a black belt (from Macy's) in June. I got a new job (bus boy) in September, voted for the right man (Gus Bell, write-in) in November, my wife left me in December (she didn't, but after this she might reconsider). So lots - I mean LOTS - has happened. I forgot to mention. I got a new bike, too. It's red.

No comments: